Hey, it’s Friday and it’s another release day!
In this one, we focused on an itch we have been wanting to scratch for awhile: reducing refreshes
More specifically: AJAX refreshes
Previously, every time you clicked Continue to shipping or Continue to payment we would refresh the page elements to ensure that payment gateways loaded. (Some of them really don’t like to load when they aren’t visible on the screen – we’re looking at you Square!)
However, since most gateways don’t require this we decided to take a more surgical approach.
We now only call a refresh when a field that needs it is changed or the payment tab has just loaded and a gateway we have specifically identified as needing it is present.
But that’s not all
Skip Shipping Step
Many stores only have one shipping option and don’t need a checkout step for picking a shipping option. For those customers we added a new option: Skip Shipping Step
WooCommerce Gift Cards
We added official support for WooCommerce Gift Cards. When enabled, the gift card fields shows up right underneath the promo code field.
As with any release, we also included some bug fixes and other improvements:
- Improved: We no longer block the next tab buttons during refreshes.
- Fix – Fixed bug with show mobile credit card logos option.
- Fix – Fixed bug with JupiterX theme.
- Fix – Fixed bug where opting in to stat collection double tracked stats.
- Fix – Fixed bug with NL Postcode Checker.
- Fix – Fixed bug with PostNL
- Fix – Removed warning for Checkout Field Editor for WooCommerce by ThemeHigh since customers have confirmed it works now.
- Fix – Fix styling bug with quantity steppers and IE11.
- Fix – Fix bug where clicking on promo field on phones zoomed in.
- Fix – Fix potential fatal error with Amazon Pay.
- Fix – Fix bug where save card checkbox was visible when a customer opted to not create an account.
- Fix – Fix styling bug with third party plugin checkboxes.
- Fix: Fix issue where checkout page scrolled strangely on iPhone.
- Fix: Fix issue where WP admin bar didn’t position correctly on mobile devices.
- Hotfix: Fix issue where Square CC fields didn’t load properly.
In our next release we’re going to scratch another itch: making promo codes/coupons more visible on mobile checkout. (If you want it!)