It’s 2021 and it’s time for another big update to CheckoutWC.
We paused all releases in December to avoid causing any issues during an important sales season for online stores around the globe.
But we didn’t stop working. With over 117 commits, this is one of our bigger releases in a long while. 4.0 is chock full of refinements and polish, as well as some important new features.
Order Review Step
Our biggest new feature is something we’re calling ‘Order Review Step’. Order Review Tab allows stores to enable a confirmation screen that lists all of the details about an order before the place order button is pressed.
This is especially crucial in certain EU jurisdictions.. For example, there are several plugins that German stores use to ensure compliance with German laws.
Order Review Tab should make it that much easier for CheckoutWC stores to fully comply.
A small new feature, but helpful. Removing coupons now happens with an AJAX refresh instead of reloading the page.
However as we have aligned our code better with WooCommerce core, and gateways have made important updates to avoid unnecessary refreshes, this is no longer necessary.
By updating our code to work like core’s code, we can be confident that gateways will work exactly like they do on the native checkout page.
It’s nerdy but we’re pretty excited about this!
Full Change Log
Please test carefully on a staging site before updating. There shouldn’t be any breaking changes, but any release of this size is certain to have bugs that were missed during the development and testing processes.
- New Premium Feature:Order Review Step – Order Review Step adds a tab after the payment tab with a full summary of the order information and totals above the place order button. This should be especially helpful to German stores, and other stores located in jurisdictions that require full disclosure before order submission.
- Enhanced Remove Coupon:Removing coupons now happens with an AJAX refresh instead of reloading the page.
- New:Support for MyShipper
- New:Support for Iconic WooCommerce Delivery Slots
- New:Complete parity with WooCommerce core on checkout refreshes. We now fire updated_checkout on every refresh instead of selectively. Should iron out various glitches we have had with 3rd party add-ons.
- New:Lithuanian translations.
- New:Support for Shoptimizer
- Enhanced:It’s now possible to use a filter and set a step amount for quantity adjustments.
- Enhanced:You can now click on the entire row of payment methods and other accordions rather than clicking specifically on the text label.
- Enhanced:Added various new filters. Documentation coming soon!
- Enhanced:Added docblock documentation for all our actions and filters to make updating our documentation easier.
- Enhanced:Refactored our compatibility class loader.
- Fix: Fixes for Local Pickup Plus
- Fix: Fixes for WooCommerce German Market
- Fix: Fixes for OceanWP themes
- Fix: Fixes for latest version of Avada theme
- Fix: Updates to French translations
- Fix: More robust parsing of error messages during checkout submit.
- Fix: Fix bugs with WooCommerce Country Based Payments
- Fix: Fix issues with WooCommerce Order Delivery Date
- Fix: Fix stale selector issue with payment method state cache during updates.
- Fix: Fix for Culqi payment gateway and other gateways that use the order pay receipt hook.
- Fix: Fix for error messages that could not be properly hashed.
- Fix: Fix for MyParcel styling
- Fix: Fix review pane address references to pickup changes and not pull from stale session info.
- Fix: Fix JS errors on order pay page.