3.7.0, hmm that doesn’t seem right. Oh yeah, we missed a couple of release posts. Sorry about that. ?
But we’re going to make up for lost time and go through all of the new features in 3.6 and 3.7.
One Page Checkout
This has been a top feature request for a long time. Until we refactored our templates in 3.0, it really wasn’t possible to do it the right way.
What is one page checkout? Simply put: It’s a single step alternative to our multi-step checkout:
Beaver Themer Support
You can now use Beaver Themer to set the header and footer on your checkout page:
Experimental Template Loader
A request we have gotten many times since we released CheckoutWC 1.0 is the ability to load the CheckoutWC template inside of the normal WordPress theme.
We think is generally not the right choice for conversion optimization reasons, but we decided to make this possible in 3.6 for the first time.
This is an unsupported feature! It may work great for you, but most likely you will need a developer to help you tackle styling issues and performance may be slower due to all of the extra markup, styling, and JS that is loaded on the page.
For instance, here is the checkout template with the JupiterX theme:
It’s not perfect, but pretty close!
Realtime Postal Code Validation
By default, WooCommerce only checks your postal code during order submit.
In 3.7 we added this as a realtime check:
Note this only checks that the postal code conforms to the standard format of selected country’s postal codes. It doesn’t verify that the postal code is correct or even exists.
Not every new feature or change can get it’s own highlight, but they are all important to us. Here’s the complete change log:
Version 3.7.0 – 2020.06.19
This is a pretty big release in terms of the number of files changed. We obsessively tested all of the usual use cases and trouble makers and didn’t identify any problems, but as always please test thoroughly on your staging site before updating your live site to avoid disruptions.
- NEW: Support for MolliePay through WooCommerce PensoPay
- NEW: Realtime postal code validation. If an invalid postal code is entered during checkout, an error will be immediately displayed. This does not validate that a post code is correct, just that it is a valid postal code for the selected country.
- Improved: Added JSON fixing dataFilter from WooCommerce core to complete order hook to try to cover some edge cases where servers send malformed output.
- Fix: Fix issue with WooCommerce Service forcing the shipping phone field to be optional.
- Fix: Fix issue with Braintree for WooCommerce (PaymentPlugins) PayPal button
- Fix: Fix issue where JSON output from AJAX calls encoded arrays as objects.
- Fix: Suppress express checkout separator when in final review for PayPal for WooCommerce Express Checkout orders.
Version 3.6.2 – 2020.06.16
- New: When using one page checkout, cart is now position fixed so that it stays visible while scrolling.
- New: Added ability to edit the shipping phone on orders in the admin view.
- New: Added accent color option for Glass theme to control the color of the shipping options and selected accordion options.
- Improved: Shipping options, payment options, and same as shipping toggle now use pointer cursor.
- Improved: Allow individually sold products to be removed from the cart when cart editing is active
- Fix: Fix issues with Futurist breadcrumbs when skipping shipping option.
- Fix: Fix issues with Futurist theme and one page checkout.
- Fix: Fix issues with JS validation of fields when one page checkout is enabled.
- Fix: Fix issue with Authorize.net and order pay page.
- Fix: Use determine_locale() to get the locale instead of using get_user_locale()
Version 3.6.1 – 2020.06.13
- Hotfix: Fix issue with WooCommerce Gift Cards and the mobile coupon feature.
Version 3.6.0 – 2020.06.12
This is a pretty substantial update. There shouldn’t be any breaking changes, however please test before upgrading your live site.
- NEW: One Page Checkout option. When enabled, the three steps become one longer step. Useful for digital stores.
- NEW: Beaver Themer support. Use Beaver Themer to build custom headers and footers and override the header and footer on the checkout page.
- NEW: Experimental Integration – Template Loader. This feature allows you to load the checkout template inside your WordPress theme. This option is unsupported, so you’ll need to be prepared to deal with any styling issues that may result.
- NEW: Added support for WooCommerce Advanced Messages
- NEW: Added support for ShipIt / WooCommerce Carrier Agents
- NEW: Added support for the Tokoo theme
- NEW: Added support for the Stokie theme
- Improved: Added support for express payment buttons for Stripe for WooCommerce (PaymentPlugins)
- Fix: Fix issue with WooCommerce Order Delivery Date
- Fix: Attempt to fix issue with CSS animations and artifacts in Safari
- Fix: Fix issue with PayPal for WooCommerce smart button not displaying after toggling billing address.