CheckoutWC 3.7.4 is a minor release with a number of bug fixes and developer enhancements.
The main customer facing enhancement we added relates to how we communicate to the customer that they need to enter more information to calculate shipping.
Previously we used the language Not Calculated, however we heard feedback from a couple of customers who rightly pointed out that this phrasing is not very communicative to the user and could potentially be misunderstood.
In 3.7.4, we changed this wording to Address Required. We’ll continue to look for further enhancements like this as we never want a user to be confused about the next action they need to take.
Here’s the full change log!
- Developer: Added cfw_field_data_persistence_excludes filter to allow changing which fields data is persisted on refresh.
- Developer: Added cfw_thank_you_title / cfw_thank_you_subtitle filters.
- Developer: Added cfw_before_enhanced_login_prompt and cfw_after_enhanced_login_prompt action hooks.
- Developer: Added cfw_breadcrumb_cart_url filter.
- Developer: Added cfw_shipping_total_address_required_text and cfw_shipping_total_not_available_text filters.
- Improved: Trim post code before validating to eliminate issues with trailing spaces.
- Improved: Don’t call update_checkout until post code field is changed instead of on key down to prevent mid entry error notices.
- Improved: Changed ‘Not Calculated’ notice for shipping calculation to ‘Address Required’ and ‘Not Available’ to ‘No shipping methods available’
- Fix: Fix issues with SkyVerge gateways where a gateway might not set its payment fields correctly.
- Fix: Fix issue where express pay buttons didn’t load properly on slow sites.
- Fix: Fix issues with latest version of EU VAT Number where VAT number field didn’t show up
- Fix: Fix issue with Elementor Pro header / footer rendering behind cart summary
- Fix: Fixed issue with Salient WP Bakery plugin loading CSS that broke the checkout page layout
- Fix: Removed duplicate cfw_after_footer hook
- Fix: Added back “Order again” button to thank you page
- Fix: Fixed bug with Fatture in Cloud compatibility module that caused fields not to render.
- Fix: Fix potential bug with Square for slow sites where post code was not set properly.
- Fix: Fix logical error with payment gateway fingerprinting that caused payment gateways to never be refreshed on update_checkout AJAX call.