CheckoutWC 7.3.0 is out with some brand new awesome features such as Local Pickup, Highlighted Countries, and new Address Field controls.
The Problem With Local Pickup
Local Pickup is a feature we have wanted to tackle for a long time. Local Pickup has a fundamental problem in WooCommerce: it’s implemented as shipping method
This leads to bad user experiences.
For example, with CheckoutWC customers had to enter their shipping address to even see the Local Pickup option.
Introducing Local Pickup in CheckoutWC
7.3.0 brings a fully functional Local Pickup solution.
Customers have the option to choose how they want to receive their purchase. If they select ‘Pick up’ the shipping address and shipping step is hidden. All verbiage on the page updates to pickup verbiage.
Setting up Local Pickup only takes a few minutes. Pick which shipping method is your local pickup option, decide whether to show the shipping step, and add some pickup locations. More about setup here.
Have an advanced situation where you need to offer multiple local pickup methods?
You can elect to keep the shipping step (renamed to Pickup of course!) Only shipping methods you have identified as local pickup options will be displayed.
Are you using an advanced API for your local pickup shipping methods?
You can specify the name of your local pickup methods using RegEx.
What else is new in CheckoutWC 7.3.0?
We’ve added a lot of new functionality, bug fixes, and developer quality of life improvements to 7.3.0.
CheckoutWC 7.3.0 Change Log
- NEW – Local Pickup. CheckoutWC now has a native understanding of pickup vs delivery and can selectively show / hide the shipping address and shipping options based on whether the customer selects shipping or pickup.
- NEW – You can now select which countries to highlight in country dropdown from settings (WP Admin > CheckoutWC > Checkout > Field Options)
- NEW – You can now selectively hide/disable billing address fields from settings. (WP Admin > CheckoutWC > Checkout > Address Options)
- NEW – Added option to disable \’Same as shipping address\’ option in settings. (WP Admin > CheckoutWC > Checkout > Address Options)
- Improved – Remove cart item link is now always shown at mobile screen sizes
- Improved – Updated Greek translations based on feedback from customers.
- Dev – Updated WC tested version to 6.6.0
- Dev – Added two new actions: cfw_before_payment_methods_block and cfw_after_payment_methods_block
- Dev – Added new cfw_order_updates_heading filter and new cfw_after_thank_you_order_updates_text action
- Dev – Extra billing fields are now output on an action hook like everything else.
- Dev – Implemented updated_cart_totals JS event from WooCommerce core.
- Dev – Added new action after side cart totals: cfw_after_side_cart_totals
- Dev – Moved before_woocommerce_pay call so that it fires within the template content
- Dev – Added cfw_side_cart_free_shipping_progress_bar_free_shipping_message and cfw_side_cart_free_shipping_progress_bar_amount_remaining_message_format filters
- Fix – Fix potential JS errors from undefined variables
- Fix – Fix issue with PayPal for WooCommerce and customer info sections appearing that should be hidden
- Fix – Fix bug that prevented overriding CheckoutWC image sizes
- Fix – Fix issues with PostNL and MyParcel
- Fix – Fix issue where colon appearing in shipping method name was errantly removed.
- Fix – Improved accessibility of side cart.
- Fix – Fix issue with FlyCart Woo Discount Rules and side cart.
- Fix – Fix issue that caused the review panes to show incorrect information when billing address is forced to be the shipping address.
- Fix – Fix bug that made it possible for post code validation error to be shown when correct post code was entered.
- Fix – Fix potential typing issues that could cause fatal errors in recent versions of PHP.
- Fix – Fix issue where Select2 could be loaded.
- Fix – Fix issue with caching and add to cart error messages. Now acts more like native AJAX add to cart functionality in WooCommerce core.
- Fix – Fix incorrect usage warning
- Fix – Fix multiple issues with Amazon Pay 2.0 legacy API and order pay endpoint
- Fix – Fixes to how Malaysian addresses are handled with Google Address Autocomplete
- Fix – Google Address Autocomplete now supports named buildings in addition to normal street addresses
- Fix – Fix conflict with Woostify CSS and side cart table styling.
- Fix – Fix issues with Variation Swatches for WooCommerce and the side cart
- Fix – Fix potential issue with some finicky gateways by adding a slight delay to firing payment_method_selected event so that it runs after animations have completed.
- Fix – Fix bug that prevented woocommerce_before_thankyou from running
- Fix – Fix bug that prevented side cart free shipping progress data from being filtered.
- Fix – Fix bug with option to hide the floating side cart button when the cart is empty and situations where the cart transitions to a non-empty state. Now behaves correctly when emptying the cart and adding an item.
- Fix – Refactored cart updating code to fix bug with WooCommerce Product Bundles quantity syncing
- Fix – Prevent fatal errors when order bump cannot be added to the cart